Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Mom Dad.

My first promise to myself is to write and I have been thinking about it all week, writing about some of the things that come to my mind.

This morning, I woke up with a hangover of birthday wishes, love and music. Since then I have been having long detailed conversations with myself about them. It's not easy to convert thoughts into words, what's even more difficult is to ensure that the reader interprets your words the way you want him to.

To quote one of my favorite people "writing is something that comes to you. You cannot go to it. But for writing to come to you, you must be in a state of readiness to receive it." Now how can you be in a state to receive anything with a toddler running around you, pulling your laptop and the TV playing the the background ?

Anyway, I was building up on a thought when I was disturbed by the intercom. I hate it when I get phone calls in between work, not having a choice, I attended the call and was told I have a parcel.
Since my husband gets his regular supply of books through courier, I dismissed it to be one of those. Only when I saw the packet, I realised, it was for me. Since it was my birthday yesterday, my parents had sent me a present.

Thank God for Parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment